Pure Michigan. You’ve seen the ads, I know. It makes you proud to be a Michigander, doesn’t it? If you don’t live here, it makes you want to visit- heck, it makes you want to move. Who wouldn’t want to bask in the enormity of Lake Michigan, watch the setting sun over Houghton Lake, hike the trails of Hartwick Pines, or stroll along the historic streets of Mackinac Island?
In honor of our glorious home state, here are Nudge’s top 10 reasons why Michigan is the Best state in the United States of America:
10. Christmas is celebrated year-round in Frankenmuth.
9. We have the best colloquialisms. You guys want to go up north to the UP? Yeah, you know what I’m talking about.
8. We relinquished control of Toledo in exchange for the entire Upper Peninsula. Booyah!
7. Michigan is home to upwards of 205 breweries and over 100 wineries. (If you, or someone you love, digs craft beer, check out our Be Hoppy design!)
6. Sault Ste. Marie was founded by Father Marquette in 1668, and is the third oldest remaining settlement in the United States.
5. Vernors has been resolving the tummy issues of Michiganders since 1866.
4. It’s pop. Not soda.
3. Sleeping Bear Dunes has been named Good Morning America’s Most Beautiful Place in America.
2. Michigan is home to some of our country’s best colleges and universities. Ahem, Go Green!
1. We carry a map with us everywhere we go! High five!